As per sources, the vaccine for the prevention of coronavirus might roll out during the start of next year. In this direction, a plan for vaccination of the people of Uttarakhand was presented at a cabinet meeting held recently. Read on the following pointers related to the same:
- In the first phase, nearly 24 lakh people in the state will be vaccinated against coronavirus. This aforementioned first phase will be divided into two parts. In the first part, 94,000 health workers will be given the vaccine, and post this, the remaining people will be vaccinated in the second part.
- Just like polling stations, Vaccination Booths will be constructed during the vaccination campaign in the state. A vaccination booth will have two vaccinators and two DEOs. Each vaccination booth will be vaccinating 100 people. Facilities such as drinking water, internet, electricity, etc., will be available at every booth. Each vaccination booth will have three rooms, viz. Waiting Area, Vaccination Area, and Observation Area.
- The state’s main vaccine store for the COVID vaccine will be built in the capital Dehradun. Apart from this, three regional vaccine stores will be built in Almora, Srinagar, and Udham Singh Nagar, and these three districts will also have three district vaccine stores each. Similarly, four district vaccine stores will be built in Dehradun.
- A total of 26 block vaccine stores will be built in the state including 15 in Pauri, 9 in Tehri, and 2 in Uttarkashi. On similar notes, a large number of cold chain points will be formed in the state, including 104 in Dehradun, 39 in Nainital, 26 in Tehri, 23 in Haridwar, 22 in Chamoli, 21 in Pauri, 20 in Almora, 19 in Udham Singh Nagar, 18 in Uttarkashi, 16 in Rudraprayag, 14 in Pithoragarh, 9 in Champawat and 9 in Bageshwar.
- This entire vaccination exercise is being done to maintain the cold chain of the vaccine. For this, 3 line refrigerators, 27 deep freezers, and 187 ILR have been sought from the center.
- The state government will also be buying a vaccine van to transport the COVID vaccine to different parts of the state. Besides, 1000 nursing pass outs and 105 retired medical officers have been identified for assisting in the vaccination process.
- The vaccine will reach the primary store in the state from the manufacturer via air transport. Followed by this, the vaccine will be transported to the state store with the help of refrigerated vehicles. After this, the vaccine will reach the district stores using insulated vehicles.
The vaccine will then reach the Primary Health Center, followed by transportation to the sub-centers with the help of the vaccine carriers, before giving it to the people. During this entire process, the temperature of the vaccine will be maintained between 2 to 8 degrees.
Following is the list of the number of healthcare workers in different districts who will be vaccinated:
Dehradun – 7324 in government health institutions and 20838 in private institutions
Haridwar – 8939 in government health institutions and 5112 in private institutions
Nainital – 6406 in government health institutions and 3420 in private institutions
Udham Singh Nagar – 4302 in government health institutions and 2457 in private institutions
Pauri – 5653 in government health institutions and 477 in private institutions
Tehri – 5691 in government health institutions and 97 in private institutions
Almora – 5045 in government health institutions and 297 in private institutions
Pithoragarh – 4012 in government health institutions and 137 in private institutions
Chamoli – 3578 in government health institutions and 120 in private institutions
Uttarkashi – 3038 in government health institutions and 51 in private institutions
Bageshwar – 2604 in government health institutions and 50 in private institutions
Champawat – 2009 in government health institutions and 117 in private institutions
Rudraprayag – 2029 in government health institutions and 86 in private institutions