The death toll in the Dehradun road mishap climbed to 13 on Sunday, informed Dehradun District Magistrate Dr. R Rajesh Kumar.
He further stated that teams have been deployed at the accident site to conduct rescue operations, and two have been rescued so far.
Dehradun District Magistrate Dr. R Rajesh Kumar has given further information on the road accident of Bulhad-Baila road in the Chakrata tehsil of Uttarakhand’s Dehradun district.
Speaking about the same, Kumar said, “We had received info that the vehicle rolled down a gorge. The teams are on the spot, and 13 deaths are confirmed, and two have been rescued so far and making postmortem facility available at the spot.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) to the next of those who lost their lives in the road accident.
“The injured will also be given Rs 50,000 each,” the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said in a tweet.
“An ex-gratia of Rs. 2 lakh each from PMNRF would be given to the next of kin of those who have lost their lives due to the tragic accident in Chakrata, Uttarakhand. The injured would be given Rs. 50,000 each: PM @narendramodi,” the PMO tweeted.