Given the increasing cases of COVID-19 in Dehradun, District Magistrate, Dehradun, Ashish Kumar Srivastava has extended the ongoing Corona curfew (which came into play from 7 PM April 26 to 5 AM May 3) till 5 AM on May 6. The extension of the Corona curfew will apply to the municipal corporations of Dehradun, Rishikesh, Garhi Cantt, Clement Town, Doiwala, Vikasnagar, Mussoorie, and Herbertpur.
The following pointers are mentioned in the issued order:
- During the curfew, the movement of private vehicles will be completely banned.
- During the Corona curfew period, the shops and vehicles associated with the following services – fruits & vegetables, dairy, bakery, meat/fish shops (legitimate licensed), ration shops, animal feed shops – will be allowed to operate till 12 PM.
- Petrol pumps, gas supply, and medicine shops will be open all the time.
- Vehicles of essential services and government vehicles will be exempted from traveling for duty only.
- Movement of people traveling by airplane, train, and bus will be allowed.
- Wedding and other related ceremonies will be allowed with a gathering of only 25 people.
- Construction works of public interest and the personnel and laborers associated and vehicles supplying construction materials will be allowed.
- Shops supplying construction materials such as cement, iron rods, bricks, etc., will be allowed to operate till 12 PM.
- Home delivery from restaurants and sweet shops will be allowed.
- Vehicles related to the funeral procession will be allowed. Not more than 20 people will be allowed to attend the funeral.
- All government and non-government offices under the central government and state government (except essential service offices) will remain closed.
- There will be relaxation in the movement of freight vehicles.
- There will be relaxation in the movement of people going for medical treatments and COVID vaccination.
- Post offices and banks will remain open till the stipulated time.
- People coming to Uttarakhand from other states need to bring a Covid Negative Report not older than 72 hours. Registration is also mandatory on the Smart City Portal – http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in
Here’s the copy of the order issued: